Shout-out to the girls

I guess knowing that CC officially starts tomorrow, and we'll then be in full-school mode has given me a sudden urge to blog.  But I am really amazed at my girls today, and I'd rather chronicle it here, rather than being a bragging facebook mom, hehe.

We're having family portraits done on Saturday, and we'll be busy with school tomorrow, so this morning I was busy bathing children, washing towels and diapers, giving Tater his fourth hair cut (unbelievable, right?), filling orders, and so on.  Since I hadn't had my shower yet, I wasn't dressed to take the trash out.  Girls to the rescue.  I sent them out with the full trash bag, they dumped it in the cart and ran it to the curb, and put the package in the mailbox.  They also decided to take breakfast into their own hands.

They had decided on french toast.  While I nursed Tater for a nap, I dictated the ingredients and measurements to Precious (8 years old).  And she and Cutie (4) made it happen.  "Mom, this kind of work is so much fun, because we get to make food and feed our family!"  After I got Tater down for his nap, I had to make a little more batter for them to finish the batch.  But then I went to get my shower while they finished cooking and ate together-- a "picnic" in the living room.

One proud mama over here.

Comments