The bad, the good, and the random

It's Tuesday: that day that I look at my last post and realize that it was last Tuesday, and I should probably blog again.  So I predict that this will be a compulsory, random-like post.

The bad: the chicken that I previously blogged about did indeed, die the following day.  But she died a clean chicken, I tell you.  Not a single dirty feather on that gal when she expired.  We think the second bath is probably what killed her.

Okay, that was gross.

The good: the Citronella Spray Collar!!  Rosie doesn't chase chickens anymore!  At least not when she thinks she could get sprayed, which is most of the time.  It makes me smile mischievously to watch her tiptoe past the chickens.  Everyone in the backyard is much happier and more relaxed.  Chickens graze, dog watches lazily, dog plays with an empty feed bag (not chickens) when she gets excited in the evenings.

The random:  I am loving feeding Tater crazy stuff like grated, frozen liver mixed with salted ghee.  He loves it and coos and grins at me when I feed him weird stuff like this!  He devoured his raw milk kefir and banana smoothie today.  He relished the onion-butter-infused broth that I strained out for him from the french onion soup we had for lunch on Friday.  And I put up 3 avocados mashed with salt for him in the freezer tonight.  Feeding a baby was never so easy around here, or so much fun.  But it's been quite random.  Grain porridges and freezer baby-food-making torture are things of the past.

Second randomness: the things our kids do with wrapped Christmas presents.  We've wrapped some Christmas presents and put them around the little tree that sits on top of the coffee table to make it look taller.  We don't do Santa, but the kids still try to convince us that he's real; it makes us laugh in confusion.  The kids took their presents and made a present-walled-town out of the open living room.  Then, they re-organized the presents around the tree and let each person arrange his/her own presents in a stack.  Now, there's a /storage cube/baby toy cube/pillow/ totem pole in the middle of the living room.  I love how creative these kids are.

Last randomness: The blogger and firefox spell checks highlighted kefir and porridges.  Our baby food must be further evolved than the dictionary.

Comments