Things we've been saying

I've been chuckling at these kids so much lately, I've decided to collect their sayings and make a blog post.

Apparently, the "found object puppetry" show that we went to earlier this month made quite an impression on Precious. I was cleaning out the car and starting to toss a water bottle into the recycling bin. "No, mommy! It's my water puppet!" When I told this to New Daddy, he told me how she had put on a show for him the day before using the bottle as a character...

When I was growing up, my dad taught us that if there was a person found at fault, it was wise to give them an "out"-- that is, some way to redeem or explain the fault. I thought I would put this into practice with Cutie when I discovered her spitting her organic, grassfed hot dog back out on to her plate at Yeah! Burger.

"Cutie, Did you get too much?"

"No."

"Were you going to choke?"

"No."

Hmmmm... guess she just wanted to spit it out! Apparently, two year-olds don't need "outs."


And Bubby... It doesn't really matter what he says. His delivery alone makes it hilarious. But the neatest thing that he's doing right now is that he's learning how to say his "s's" correctly. No more lisping! Eventually. But he's on the right track; for him, that means he's there.

Comments