A needed change

Recently, a feminist friend of mine called attention to an article saying that people who leave careers to become housewives "didn't experience enough success" to stay at their career. Thus, they dropped out and became housewives.

Well. This left me stewing. How ignorant; now narrow-minded! Did you even have your own children to test this shallow theory?

And then, I turned on a tape. As soon as I heard that Voice, my thoughts changed.

You know, she's an education professor; she's just doing her job. They train people, and they don't want them dropping out...

And the ill will was suddenly gone. I completely disagree with her, and I have certainly made my own choices, and am completely fulfilled in them. But I'm thankful to not feel so bad at someone who belittles my choice.

Comments