Soon to be two!

After Precious took her math test this morning, she ran down to check on the chick for about the fifteenth time today. And she discovered a crack in another egg! It looks like we're going to have two chicks!

Here are some pics we've taken so far today. He is fluffing out nicely and actually looks like a Silkie. He's also found the water and is pecking. I love listening to the hen/chick conversations! Still, my favorite part is when he burrows under her, and she shuffles up to make room for him.


more than one mommy around here


Cutie: "Can I touch?"


nuzzled against Mama


(I should also mention that this morning, Precious loosened a tooth by trying to open something with her teeth. Here's a picture: Looks like the tooth fairy's career is about to begin at our house.)

Update 11:07 AM
The other egg is also cracked! That makes it a 100% for our beloved hen! And, I guess, the rooster, too! :D

Comments