Happy New Year- and a Christmas vacation rundown

I'm a little late posting this, but it's pretty unusual for me to post on New Year's anyway. About this time of year, we'd be at a beach house with New Daddy's family. But, we took that vacation a week early this year, and instead, got to spend Christmas at the beach. That was a very nice idea, indeed.

Highlights of the trip were feeding the seagulls $.79/loaf, whitenasty bread and getting a great photo op, a visit to Brookgreen Gardens, a guided redfish fishing trip, getting beach portraits done, hearing family history "as told by Uncle B" and laughing until my stomach hurt, and watching the guys kayak in 6-foot (or higher?) waves on Christmas Day.

I also enjoyed the fact that Cutie had her own bedroom at the beach house, and New Daddy and I could actually converse before we fell asleep. And so today, two days before Cutie's first birthday, she is finally getting her own bedroom-- the old study. I'm blogging from our bedroom, where all of the computers have been moved.

So, that was the week. A plethora of SOC pictures are up on my Picasa. But, I will leave us with a parting shot from a seagull, quite possibly my favorite shot from the whole week...

Bye bye, 2009!

Comments

Bro Trevor said…
Is there a recording of the family history as told by Uncle B? I think this would make excellent road trip listening!
Marie said…
Hahahaaaa! I love it too. :D
New Mommy said…
Bro. Trevor, it certainly would make for good listening! Uncle B could be a comedian for a living.
Aly said…
I'm sorry Marie & I didn't make it down to the coast! It would have been great seeing you all again, and meeting the famous Uncle B!
New Mommy said…
We're sorry that we didn't get to see you, too, Alysa! Next time?