S'raining, s'pouring

My sweet sister wrote me a prose-poem on her blog for my birthday. I, on the other hand, am not so creative. On her birthday-- well, it's raining. And so the only thing I could think to wish her was a muddled version of a song that our daddy used to sing us before he left for work: "Eeeets a raaaaainy birthdaaaaaay at okie nookie station."

(His version, the original: "Eeeets a foggggggy moooooorning at okie nookie station...")

I didn't expect to wake up this morning to thunder and the unbroken white-noise of rain. The only reason that this is a concern is because we're replacing our home's lawsuit-quality siding with cement fiber siding. The back was the worst side, so that was the one we're having done first. Therefore, the upper half of the back of our house is un-sided right now.

Boy, am I glad for housewrap. I hope it's working. I also hope that tomorrow's promise of a cloudy, but rain-free day holds true.



Okay, I know everybody will want to know what is on New Daddy's head. He was pulling siding off, and it knocked him and gave him a lovely one-inch gash. After a few applications of cayenne pepper paste, though, I think we can safely say that stitches will not be needed. :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
So...
What kind of silly songs are *your* children going to repeat back to you when you are 57 years old?
:)
New Mommy said…
OH, you don't want to know :D :D!
Marie said…
Sharon, you made me smile, even if you didn't write me something poetic. Though--what are you talkin' about, girl!? Your next line, "the unbroken white-noise of rain," was absolutely beautiful, and it made me sigh with happiness. Hehe--maybe I should stop there. My writing-teacher self is showing...

Daddy, I think you have us all beat for silly songs! (--And Sharon's kids will make up enough silly songs for *her* to sing when she gets older, that I am sure.)