On a roll, here

Bubby's birthday party last weekend served as an impetus to get lots of things done on the house. It's definitely time to post some before/after pictures. The hall bathroom is finally finished, except for hanging one cabinet door, sealing the tile, and hanging a shelf. But, really, it's a huge difference. We also got curtains hung in the living room, along with some wall decor.

I was reading over some old posts; I like to refresh my bad memory. And I spotted a promise for pictures of the master bedroom, which isn't looking so shabby, itself. Especially since I got my pc moved over to New Daddy's office. The cleared-out space looks so ~ahem~ spacious. Now, New Daddy and I spend evenings with our faces glowing in our screens, our backs to each other. At least he's on a project now, so getting up at 6:00 puts a damper on the late-nighters we were getting used to.

We found the perfect valance fabric for Precious and Bubby's room, from Hobby Lobby. The kids picked it out themselves. It was just perfect. We're waiting on the seamstress to finish the valance. When that's all done, we'll straighten up the room and post some pics there, too.

This place really is starting to feel more homey. I even hung coffee singles in the closets that were still lingering cigarette smoke. If it worked for my old car, surely it will work in the closets.

I guess this post is a reminder of all the spaces that I need to photograph. Now, let's see if I can remember to get the camera out.

Comments

Sarah said…
Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! You're right; there's nothing like having company to get you on the ball about sprucing up! And I had NO IDEA that coffee absorbed smell.....?
New Mommy said…
Okay, I've given it a few days, and I think the coffee really is working! At least the stuff in the closet smells more like coffee than cigarettes. I think the small difference is an improvement.