Counting blessings

I'm finding myself overcome with thankfulness that we are living where we are now. And yet, I ache to think about our friends at our old location, the trouble they will have cleaning up the mess and waiting on bridges to be repaired. I feel like I need to call our farmers with water on their land, to find out if their animals and homes are okay. But, I don't want to seem meddlesome. I haven't called them.

I've been pondering our move to the other side of town-- the side on a higher elevation, unaffected by the flooding. New Daddy has been able to commute to his job with no problem. If we were still living on the west side, it would have been next to impossible.

Did God lead us to move at *just* the right time?

Yes, I think so.

I don't know exactly what to think about all of this, but I do know that I am beyond grateful.

I'm certainly not saying that everyone should be like us. God leads each of us in our own way. But, this is what's on my heart this morning:
"And that little old duck will rise off that pond, without a compass or anything else, and go just as straight to Louisiana, to the rice fields, as he can go.

Looks like Christians out to have duck sense, anyhow. Doesn't it? That's right. Right. Why? You say, "It's instinct." No, they go God's provided way. God give them a way, an instinct to lead them down there, and they believe it."

God's Way That's Been Made for Us (52-0900)

Comments

Bro Trevor said…
Praise God for "Duck sense"!!