It's that time again...

I can tell the countdown has started when this nightly contraction-session-thing starts. With Bubby, I wasn't prepared for it, and it kept me in suspense for about three weeks. But now, I'm growing more confident that this type of pre-labor (also known as false labor) will give way to a short, eventful true labor.

A couple of disclaimers about this pregnancy and previous posts.

1) I spoke too soon about the intense hip pain. It started about a week ago. But, at least I've learned how to pop it back into place from reaching down to get Bubby's cloth diapers out of their basket-- a sort of arabesque. Frequent trips to the chiropractor also help out. This time around, the hip pain is present, maybe not quite as intense, but at least I've finally learned what to do about it my third time around.

2) I spoke too soon about the swelling. I even ordered Spirulina tablets to see if that would help. Nope. Apparently, Bubby's pregnancy was just different. I'm not piggy-toed, but my hands have been swelling a little. New Daddy can also tell that my face has changed. For Precious' pregnancy, I had bought cheap, next-size-up rings. I put them on the other day to keep from having to cut my originals off. Sigh.

Comments

Bro Trevor said…
arabesque - a pose in ballet in which the dancer stands on one leg with one arm extended in front and the other leg and arm extended behind.

That definition I'm assuming?

I've never heard that word before. Reading your blog is so educational! *grin*
New Mommy said…
That's the one! And remember, it was "sort of" an arabesque. Heh heh. I did consider adding a link, but I figured my more diligent readers would just look it up, too. Thanks for saving me the trouble!