The end and the beginning

Today, I washed my last load of diapers. For maybe a month. I start newborns out in disposables, because my fabulous, one-size diapers are just slightly too big for a newborn, and the first stuff that comes out is really hard to get out of cloth. But, for now, the big news is that Bubby has completely potty trained himself. It didn't require any extra effort on my part.

He's woken up dry for the past four days, gone to the potty at night when he needed to, and stayed dry during the day. He tells me when he needs to go, and he holds it until he can get to the potty.

Done.

Which means that we barely made it in time for his baby sister to arrive and for us to start all over again. And, yes, I am planning to do EC with Cutie, too! It has been so rewarding with Bubby. For me, pottying is still the missing piece to a baby's complete needs, and I enjoy the communication and process of it all. I am very much looking forward to starting all over again, with everything.

These past few days, contractions have gotten stronger, and I can usually count on some very "nice," almost painful ones in the evenings. But, they're not regular, and regular means real labor. But now, we're wondering what we're going to do about her name if she is born on Christmas. Our current name would seem just a little too hokey. Maybe we should just hope for the best and worry about this later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aunt Kaye SCREAMS "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't change that child's name! Noelle is SO BEAUTIFUL! It's the perfect name, whether she's born on Christmas day or not. (and btw, it's NOT hokey!) Love & Peace!