Mostly about Bubby (again)

One of Bubby's favorite books right now is Sams and Stoick's Lost in the Woods. He usually turns straight to the meadowlark/ raccoon page and asks me to read it. The raccoon's "I can do-o it!" always makes him laugh. And, I have to say, that phrase sums Bubby up right now, too. An offer of help is pretty much a guarantee for a meltdown these days.

He's doing everything from pulling his pants up and down, to trying on Precious' shoes. I'm encouraging the first, and heavily discouraging the latter. He's been getting steadily better at pottying with something on himself, which was our goal with the cooler weather arriving. It's always hard to get kids used to having something on, but not using it as a diaper. We're slowly getting there.

The other thing that Bubby specializes in is lining things up. "See, I put them together!" he exclaims. If we hadn't already straightened up the living room, I would have taken a picture of his lined-up animals from the Little People nativity scene. Bubby also likes to place the animals on top of the stable, where the angel belongs. I had to laugh the first time I saw the sheep stuck to the roof.

Precious, on the other hand, has a much different approach to the nativity scene. This morning, I found Baby Jesus with a circle of people and animals crowded around him, all looking reverently at him. This girl is all about the babies! Bubby is her baby, and her bears are her babies. Today, when I was asked to babysit a bear, I mistakenly called it a bear. "No Mommy, it's a people," she admonished me.

The funny thing about Bubby, is that he has a special "Mommy" voice for her. I can always tell if he's addressing me or her. And they have a special "Mommy" hug, which involves him squeezing his eyes shut and looking especially pitiful as he leans toward her.

The fun continues.

Comments

Unknown said…
Too cute! And Little People are some of the best toys for kids. I still have to remind Michaela that she is too old to play with them...