More good news

Bubby has been completely well since he woke up Sunday morning. But yesterday, Precious woke up from her nap with The Bug. Since that morning, she'd had very little appetite, but when she woke up that afternoon, her body was feverish, she was aching all over, and she laid around for the rest of the afternoon and evening. She must think like my Aunt Kaye, because when I asked her if I could give her a garlic-oil enema, she replied, oh so sweetly, "Can we just do a garlic poultice?" Precious, that girl is. She got her poultice.

For bedtime, I gave her ibuprofen so she could sleep well, and she went to bed earlier than usual. Around 5:00 this morning, she climbed into our bed and announced that her fever was gone, and God had healed her. I could feel her little feet, still burning, on my leg. But, we were half-asleep, so we mumbled a little acknowledgement, and we all got back to sleep. If she wanted to confess it, we were going to be the last ones to discourage her, especially from our sleepy haze.

When we all finally got up around 9:00, that girl was as good as new. No fever, no aching, no nothing. Just our wonderful, almost-four-year-old, bouncing around the house and bugging her brother. A friend of ours had passed away this weekend, and I had been sad that we wouldn't be able to make it to the funeral today. Well, we did make it to the funeral, and it was so worth the effort.

Her faith inspires me. Reminds me of Jesus...
"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww thats great!