Is that my stomach again?

I had supper a little over two hours ago. I made sure I was absolutely full before I left the table. And... I'm hungry again. I'm thinking we might need to change Cutie's nickname to Biggie. Because I think she's going to be the biggest baby I've ever carried. She's already the strongest. Her punches send my reading flailing in the air, and her stretches make my sides and ribs bulge to regions they didn't know had existed. She has officially taken over my stomach, just in time for me to get it back no sooner than five weeks later.

Next in the lineup is Bubby. He's talking up a storm, but he gets things mixed up in the cutest ways. And he's figured out how to tell people, "Don't do ..." whatever. We're working on putting a "please" in front of the "don't." He's also very good at saying "I want ..." whatever. Around here, it's perfectly fine to desire something, but the results come when one actually asks for the item. So, Bubby is learning how to ask polite questions like, "May I please ...?" It doesn't happen on the first try, but it does happen eventually, with a little tenacity from Mommy.

Precious is getting heavily into phonics. Wherever we are, we're always dissecting words, starting with "What begins with [for example] grass?", the g-r, and then ending with spelling and phoneticizing the whole word, Starfall-style (guh-rrr-gruh-aaa-sss). I'm not trying to make her read. I'm following her lead, and she is obessed with figuring things out. She is also starting to learn addition pairs. Two fingers plus two more makes four fingers. She did two threes with New Daddy tonight, but it took her a few tries to stop counting the second hand's fingers twice.

Bye for now; I'm going to make a milkshake.

Comments

Anonymous said…
awww, love ur post! Sounds like you have an active on in your belly