Does it really run in the family?

I'm 33 weeks pregnant today. Every pregnancy so far, I've had major hip pain as the "relaxin" hormone makes everything expand and "relax" to eventually deliver the baby.

Except this time.

My whole life, I've struggled with knee problems. First, there was a knee infection when I was six. Then, as an adult, I had extremely painful, sometimes debilitating stiffness in the knees. I have been healed several times of this.

But now, my pain is completely gone, regardless of physical activity or non-activity. What is the difference, I'm thinking? After all, weak joints and arthritis run in my family, right? It seems that everyone on both sides has trouble with it; I was no exception, until now.

I think I've discovered what's going on.

There is a unique quality to raw cream and butterfat. It's called the "Wulzen," or "anti-stiffness" factor. First of all, a definition of the Wulzen Factor by Fallon and Enig:

The Wulzen Factor: Called the "anti-stiffness" factor, this compound is present in raw animal fat. Researcher Rosalind Wulzen discovered that this substance protects humans and animals from calcification of the joints: degenerative arthritis. It also protects against hardening of the arteries, cataracts and calcification of the pineal gland.

Calves fed pasteurized milk or skim milk develop joint stiffness and do not thrive. Their symptoms are reversed when raw butterfat is added to the diet. Pasteurization destroys the Wulzen factor; it is present only in raw butter, cream and whole milk.


And now, this testimonial (scroll down a little) from a gentleman in the UK who started drinking about a pint of raw Jersey milk a day. What side effect did he get from drinking the milk? His arthritis disappeared, along with a host of other problems. He wasn't aware of the Wulzen Factor when he wrote the letter, but he was quite aware that his pain was gone.

Raw Milk and Osteoporosis

I recently met an expert on pasteurization who casually mentioned that the process destroys 34 enzymes in milk. As one of the great many people lost to the dairy industry as a customer because of alternative practitioner advice that I had "lactose intolerance," I wondered whether the destruction of the lactase enzyme might be significant in my store-bought milk.

I started drinking quantities of fresh raw milk and had no signs of indigestion nor the mucus I used to get. My wife had both kinds of milk in the fridge for some months and I found if I had just a little of the pasteurized stuff, within an hour the mucus returned.

Then I realized that an arthritic joint at the base of one of my big toes--an old injury site which had gotten so bad my orthopaedic surgeon wanted to fuse the joint to alleviate the pain--had majorly improved. The range of movement deficit which had caused me to limp during the last ten years was almost rectified and the pain gone. This previously swollen joint also reduced in size back to normal.

I am a test group of one, however there were no other variables in my life except the addition to my diet of one-half to one pint each day of fresh Jersey milk for about three months. My doctors can't believe you can reverse arthritis, but I just did, through sheer inadvertence, not any placebo effect or wishful thinking.

All of the above makes me wonder whether it is pasteurization and the destruction of enzymes that has led to the current plague of arthritis and osteoporosis, because the calcium in processed milk is less assimilable.

Arthur B.
Somerset, UK

And finally, we come to the basic question: How can you drink raw milk? I mean, it hasn't been pasteurized!

To that, I say, do the research for yourself. Research the safety of raw milk (I don't recommend the FDA's findings on much of anything), and research your local farm. I did my research, and I and my family are so much healthier than we were before. Watching our sturdy, beautiful children thrive on raw milk is a blessing by itself. Knowing the difference it has made in my own comfort is just another blessing on top of that.

Do I need to even mention that it tastes way better than cooked, pasteurized milk? Is that a big secret that dairy companies would rather us not know?

Go to work! Look it up!

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh how I wish raw milk was legal for purchase in North Carolina!!!! Janice and Roy have gotten where they'll usually bring me up a gallon when they come but they haven't been up in a while.
New Mommy said…
That is so nice of them! I know all about transporting the stuff! You might be surprised at what you can find out from your local chapter leader about sources in your area. NC raw milk law is the same as GA- legal as pet milk, illegal for humans.
Anonymous said…
i have 5 pets. haha.

amen and amen to your post! all i hear is how horrible and dangerous i am for drinking raw goat's milk while pg!!! what about my baby! oh my poor fetus! lol!

actually we are on hold with the raw milk for awhile because his goats are pg so i need to get some raw cow's milk fast!
jennifer