Randomness

There are a lot of things on the radar right now, almost too many to keep track of.

We just finished watching tonight's debate on cnn.com. The news media pundits are boring and predictable with their reactions to it. New Daddy just turned it off, thank goodness. Let silence now reign. (Can you tell I grew up without a tv?)

New Daddy rescued the kids from climbing the walls by taking them outside for the last twenty minutes of dinner prep. Whenever he brags on my mommyness, I tell him that I can't do it alone.

We had a really nice weekend visiting with Uncle B's family and their guests, Bro. Trevor's family. Brer Rabbit was a cute show. I especially enjoyed getting to sit through the whole thing; the last time I saw it, Precious was five months old-- a very fussy, tired five-month-old who had just passed the age of being able to sleep anywhere. Having all my children sitting through an entire 50-minute puppet show and staying engaged will soon be a thing of the past.

Which brings us to our next bit of randomness. With the outset of the 3rd trimester, my contraction-o-meter has jumped significantly. Granted, I'm on my feet nonstop, but, mama mia, I wasn't quite expecting twenty contractions a day as soon as I hit 27 and a half weeks! I'm trying to drink plenty of water, but it hasn't affected my counts any. This baby just might be comparable to my mom's third (moi), who was born in the hallway on the way to the delivery room. We'd best be ready.

As for all of the other things going down around the world, etc., I guess that's good advice all around.

Comments

Anonymous said…
my girls are staying up with us and watching the debates and although they really don't understand what is being discussed, i like them experiencing the format of a debate and them being up on who is running for what and enough info for their age. it is amazing they sit quietly thru it. maybe they'll be the next vp, KIDDING! they should allow pauses for ppl at home to yell better responses and have spousal discussions. lol!

on another note, you and anna have something in commom! she was born on the floor min after we got into room. they didn't even have the room set up and i suddenly dropped to my knees, pushed four times and out popped a baby. i love that my midwife had to tell the nurse to stop trying to give me the group b strep iv when the baby's head was hanging out. lol! "common sense overrules policy!!!"
Anonymous said…
Oh my! Lavinia is 3 weeks away from her due date, 4 1/2 cm. dilated and still not in labor. I think hers will be a quick one too. She best get ready.