Baby things

During our most recent trip to the midwife, when she asked Bubby what he was going to wear for Halloween, he instantly responded, "PINK!" I think he was expecting her to ask what color his (Precious') sunglasses were. He loves to wear sunglasses. I think I need to find him a pair that is a little less, ahem, feminine.

For Precious, the great thrill of going to the midwife is getting to hear the baby's heartbeat. This usually includes getting to hear her own heartbeat, which in her case means her baby's heartbeat. A week ago, she asked a lady, much to my chagrin, if she was pregnant. The lady responded, "No, are you?" "Yes!" Precious answered. Then, she asked the lady's son the same question. "No," he replied. I was a little relieved that the question was intended as a general interview.

The new baby, to be nicknamed Cutie on the blog, is now starting to push against my ribs. Now that this is starting up, I'm starting to count my pregnancy in weeks until full term-- 11 weeks, instead of how far along I am, which is 29 weeks. When I complained about having to come every two weeks for a perfectly fine pregnancy, the midwife did me a favor by writing 2-3 weeks for my next checkup, instead of the mandatory two weeks. I scored an appointment at 2.5 weeks. Love her!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw L had sunglasses sunday haha i though it was somthing he got for his b.day!
Crystal Cross said…
Wow~your pregnancy is going by quickly! I've never felt a baby in my ribs~lucky me!!
New Mommy said…
Might have something to do with my short torso ;).