We're still here, too!

I thought Anna May had it about right, though I can't say we've suffered what they and our neighbors across the country have. At least she prompted me to log on and announce that we are still breathing, and life is pretty much as it has been so far. I've been doing a lot of traveling and visiting lately, which generally serves as a good excuse for not blogging.

Baby at 24 weeks is doing great. I'm just a little tingly in my left hand if I let it stay in a certain position for too long, but no swelling in my limbs at all. Overall, this seems to be the least eventful pregnancy yet. That is, except for the feeling of a child crawling over my bulging stomach-- uncomfortable at least-- multiplied by two. Precious is old enough to be more careful after one offense; Bubby is not. She's bad with the elbows, but Bubby is bad with everything. He just likes to wallow. My groans have little effect on him, except to make him realize that he has done something exceptional that might be worth repeating.

Bubby enjoys doing things to get reactions. He says things and cuts his eyes a certain way, just because he knows he's being cute. A little ham, that boy is. His sentences are getting longer; and, thanks partly to his sister's meticulous instruction, his past-tense verbs are becoming pretty consistent, too. As in, "I threw it," and "You dropped it!" He is also consistent with "Thank you," and "You're welcome," always a nice touch for a little gentleman in the making.

Today, Precious was reading Each Peach Pear Plum to Bubby (yes, that book is still making the rounds in these parts; we can't seem to leave it alone for long) while he thumbed through my old Bible. He pointed to my highlighting and said, "Pink." After finishing her line in her book, but as if continuing the sentence, Precious quickly stated that it was purple. And the other page was green, by the way. He knows most of his colors, but if he ever misses one, help is only half a breath away.

Also today, Precious insisted on calling Bubby her baby and treating him like one; this wasn't a new game. The news to me, however, was that I am now "Grandma." Yikes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL...I can just see Renee correcting him on his colors!