Quiet time

Around here, when things get quiet, it usually means somebody is up to Something. I was cooking dinner, and things were starting to get strangely quiet in Precious' room. After setting things to simmer, I finally ventured back there and carefully opened the door. And then, my eyes beheld two children on the floor, poring over a Child Craft book and Provensens' The Glorious Flight.

There were two subplots for The Glorious Flight, one for each child. Precious contended that in a portrait of the Bleriot family, Papa Bleriot was holding the baby, but the mama really wanted to be holding it. And Bubby was obsessed with the boats, the water, and the airplane crashing into the water.

I think Precious is realizing that she can use her vast experiences to teach Bubby. Earlier yesterday, I found them in the bathroom floor looking at an animal picture book. She was pointing and telling him the names of the animals, and he was repeating after her.

Sigh.

(Thanks for the library sale books, Aunt Ma!)

Comments

haha.... that is so sweet!! I love it when Emma teach Abigail something...and it's even cuter when Abigail comes and tries to teach me what Emma just taught her. =)
New Mommy said…
That is precious!