July 4th weekend pictures

The morning of the 4th, I was running around trying to get the house and food ready for our company this weekend. But, when I saw Precious sitting on her "perch" in her room with her patriotic monkey, feeding it with a shower head "bottle," I just had to take a picture-- after I stifled my laughter. I had gotten Precious and Bubby matching red t-shirts: "I'm full of Schimpff's candy."

After New Daddy saw the pictures below, he said, "You really should have gone out and gotten some real fireworks for those kids." We had a box of Pop-its that Mimi had brought over a few weeks ago. The kids threw them down on the ground and had a blast! And then the kids tried to get Sis. Melody to share the Dagoba chocolate, but it was not to be. Later that night, we went to see some local fireworks from the much less-crowded car. The view was slightly limited, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.
And, all that to say, we've had a wonderful weekend with the Gunter family! Sis. Melody also blogged about their trip. New Daddy went fishing with the guys Friday and Saturday, and the Saturday trip down the 'Hooch was very successful. Things went a little downhill for the guys, and no one got in bed before 3:00 AM, but everyone handled the circumstances extremely well. I'm expecting another Fishing Disaster post soon... it really was that bad, but at least that was only after the great fishing.

Picasa for this post

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like yall had fun! Great! =)