Update on the babies

This week, Precious and Bubby are at Mimi and Poppy's while I go to a lot of doctor's appointments and get the oil changed in the car. Did I mention that the house has been in shambles, and I'm trying to fix that, too? And taking care of my own self, which has been in poor repair lately...

Poppy is the guest blogger today. Sunday, he sent us an engaging email about the goings-on of Precious and Bubby, mostly in the pool. Here is some of it.

I guess you remember how Renee gestured with her hands and explained how she was going to "Dive right in and swim, like this!"

Precious skipped levels one (getting used to the water), two (jumping into the water while Poppy catches her [she did that for a minute]), three (being pulled around in the water [she enjoyed that for several times]), and four (sliding down the sliding board [yep, no problem]). She did all those things and is now swimming all by herself and trying to float on her back with floaters, of course.

We're taking her to WalMart for a swim suit, so she can swim with the arm swimmers only. She's progressing so fast that it's scary. All of that was with her first time in--and the water was cool, almost cold. One really important thing was that we showed them a video of Cousins Z and E in the pool in 2005 and told Precious that E was three years old then. She watched carefully and noticed every detail. Then, when she jumped in the pool, she moved her legs and arms like she had seen them do.

Bubby kept more with the steps 1, 2, and 3. He is doing quite well and squeals with delight, as does Precious. Bubby jumps and we catch him. He slid down the sliding board a few times. Once, he told Mimi to let go, but she wasn't about to. Bubby is enjoying himself pretty well.

When Precious got out the pool, she said "That was like heaven to me!" Then they both took a nice nap after eating.

It will be interesting to see how far they both progress in the swimming pool, by the end of the week.


And there you have it. Two children thrilled to be getting the special treatment from Mimi and Poppy! Their parents are faring pretty well. The only time I got teary was after I picked up the phone and heard, "Hey, Mama!" As long as I stay away from the phone, I can find plenty to occupy myself. But, of course, I can't stay away from the phone, so I expect my daily dose of sadness after I get off the phone. I did need the break, though!

Comments

Sarah said…
Yes, you both looked so strange sitting by yourselves in church....probably didn't know what to do with your hands, hmm? haha