Potty success

Monday morning, I woke up feeling great-- much less nauseous, more awake, everything better, so off came Bubby's diaper. Today is our third straight day with Bubby going diaper-free. I found a tiny puddle in the kitchen yesterday morning, and he used his diaper for a stinky at the store today without communicating to me. But, other than that, everything has been quite successful! It's clear that he has been ready for some time, but his tired, pregnant mama just was not.

I'm looking foward to having a few months of freedom from washing diapers. Going through two diapers a day is a nice start.

Bubby seems really happy with the arrangement. He seems to be running a little faster with his legs free, too! The only time he gets frustrated is when I pester him about going to the potty. This afternoon, while Precious was on Starfall for both of them, I asked him several times about the potty. I did not want that to end up on the computer! He finally decided to expand his standard response, "No," to, "No doo-doo!" (Enough, mommy!)

Precious has become quite adept with the computer mouse and gets on Starfall whenever I'll let her. We have a keyboard shortcut for it; she pushes the #1 key, and up pops the browser with Starfall. She's also been practicing hopping on one leg. It is so funny to watch her on the trampoline! When she falls, the pattern is completely unpredictable, limbs splayed everywhere. She thinks it's hilarious, too.

Comments

Isn't Starfall just awesome!? Abigail's favorite is building the snowman! She especially loves the song in the end. :)

Another GREAT site is:

http://www.first-school.ws/

You really have to have the time to explore this site's full potential. My girls love all the print outs we do together. It's really great.. and they have bible theme projects as well! So many projects to work on for each letter. If you haven't seen it already, you MUST check it out. :)

God Bless you!
Ina
Anonymous said…
ALL of my girls, even the eldest, LOVE starfall!
jennifer
New Mommy said…
We sure will check it out! Thanks for the tip!

Bubby always asks "Again?" for the snowman song, too!
Crystal Cross said…
thats just awesome on the potty training. I know I get tired of washing diapers every other day. It should be a nice little break for ya!!
Anonymous said…
I checked out the Startfall, very neat i booked marked it maybe to let david see it when i'm on. It's funny the he says "no doo-doo" it more the other way with david when he's on the pot i have to keep asking "are you done?" and he get so tired of it he's like "No Mama!" lol and he dose NOT want me in there when he's going i make sure he gets on the potty and he looks at me and says "bye mommy" LOL