Picture day

This morning, we found ourselves at Sears for a photo session. The photographer was very pleasant to work with, but she kept seeming to miss "the moment." Thus, there are a few nice shots, but she really didn't get enough clicks of each pose for me to select any outstanding ones. Lesson learned: the person behind the camera does make a difference. I am now finding that the gal we had a year and a half ago was exceptional.

Notwithstanding, these kids happen to be really cute, and it's pretty hard to make them look bad. More good news is that the price of a package with a cd was about $100 less than it was a year and a half ago.


This arrangement will probably go up on the piano soon.



Cute, but not terribly genuine smiles... too much "Peekaboo!"



Vintage props- these turned out well



Sweet brother-sister pose

Picasa for this post

Comments

Sarah said…
Love her smocked dress and the pretty new background.

And she is looking like such a big girl now!

I love to find a good photographer and stick with them. And then you don't always have the tug of war afterwards where they try to sell, sell, sell and you are trying to stick to your guns and your little puny 1-package coupon!

So cute.
New Mommy said…
I think I'm still in search of THE photographer. I'm thinking of going with a "boutique" one, just because I don't do this often, and the quality would be consistent.

Speaking of The Sell, she was trying to sell me a 20 x 20 wall portrait-- of poses that were NOT all that great!
Anonymous said…
These are SO precious!! The outfits are so adorable! Maybe someday I will brave it and have some real pics done of the kids.
New Mommy said…
It's worth it, but you should definitely bring Bob along! I really missed having New Daddy there to help distract the kids while I was trying to make decisions at the end. I thought I could do it, but I didn't anticipate lunchtime and naptime happening all together right then. It was crazy!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful!
Love,
Mimi
Crystal Cross said…
I love thier little outfits. They have beautiful smiles!!
New Mommy said…
Mimi got his vest and shirt, and then I found a dress that coordinated with it on ebay. It's long enough to go for two seasons!
Anonymous said…
aww there so good!
Unknown said…
The pictures are so adorable! I absolutely love the dress. And the vintage photos are priceless!
Bro Trevor said…
I love the one with the baby carriage, it's adorable.