A little tip

Here's a tip: If you want something, ask your child to pray for it. If you don't want it, don't ask, and don't mention it to your child.

New Daddy had been on the fence about another baby. Some days, it was, "We've gotta have more." Other days, especially when Precious was rather tempermental, we were ready to put the brakes on. As the younger of two boys, more than that seemed like, well, a lot to New Daddy. I am from a family of four children, and even though I remember how tired my mom was while we were growing up, I tend to picture my complete family as having several children.

After New Daddy and I decided that another child would be very nice to have, we told Precious, and asked her a gender preference. She said that she wanted a brother and a sister, but a brother first. I encouraged her to pray for a brother and then a sister (this is where the above tip comes in handy). And I guess God was listening when we kept mentioning how nice it would be to have another baby.

Because.

We are pregnant again!

Another tip: If you can possibly help it, avoid getting pink eye during your second week of symptoms. The combination of a itching, burning, bloodshot eyes, along with fatigue and nausea is not a pretty one. But, if you must, I would like to recommend coconut oil as a remedy for the eyes. It soothes, is antibacterial and antiviral, and is great for easing open those morning shut-eyes.

However, if anyone has any tips for helping preggie-brain, please, send them on!

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. Its funny how you mention that you and Bro. Ben went back and forth on wether or not to have another one b/c that's exactly what Alex and I do. But I feel that if it's the Lord's Will, it will happen no matter what we do. Let me reassure you though that going from 2 to 3 kids is a lot easier than going from 1 to 2. And Renee is getting big enough to be of some help to you too. That will make things easier. (Kids love going to "fetch" stuff for Mommy and Daddy).

Lord Bless!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! We are happy for you! If you go to sleep when your kids do, or shortly thereafter... life will be SO much easier!:) I'm sure you already know that though!
Crystal Cross said…
Hey there, I found your blogspot from your sister Maria. I met her while in SC this past weekend. What a good time to find it too, CONGRATS on the pregnancy. :-) I was looking for an email to email you but I couldnt find one. Im a cloth diapering mom too. I've enjoyed reading your blog so far!! God bless!!
New Mommy said…
Hi Crystal! Thanks for stopping by! I enjoyed looking at your blog, too! You can email me at sharonmommy (at) gmail (dot) com.

God bless!
Isaac's Wife said…
Congrats!! I am so happy for your family, it will be a little handful but you guys will certainly reap the rewards of raising in the Word.............we are still deciding when to have our first one. But I think when the Lord wills we will. :D
Anonymous said…
Yeaaaaaa congratulations Sharon! Sooooo happy for you and Ben. Looking forward to seeing you next month in SC.
Anna May said…
guess im a little late on the congrats.....

but better late then never!! Hope you feel better soon. God Bless!!
Anonymous said…
Congrats!!!!
Sharon,

CONGRATS to you and Ben!!! I hope you get to feeling better SOON!! Bringing a 'lil bundle into this world is always a JOY!!:)

God Bless you!!
Bro Trevor said…
Congrats!!!

I see my wife knew...she probably told me, but I probably didn't remember that.

I pray God blesses you richly!!

Psalm 127:4-5