Tile pics


I have no idea how I'm going to keep that grout clean, but it sure looks nice right now! I had been hoping for a darker, more forgiving color. This is a light khaki, so it might not be so bad.

Precious and Bubby are so used to being photographed, that whenever I get out the camera, they automatically put themselves in an ideal position for the picture. Then, it's, "May I seeeee?"

We got the tile for $.99/sq. ft. at Home Depot (New Daddy is a big ol' cheapskate). They're 16 x 16 ceramic tiles, in the color "Maui." The tile guy was Turkish, and I joked that he probably wasn't too impressed with our China-made tile. But, after he laid half of it, he asked me how much we paid. He went home and told his girlfriend, and she said, "Yes!" They're going to lay the same stuff in their kitchen!

We're really pleased with it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very beautiful!
The children are lovely too!
Love,
Mimi
Anonymous said…
is that a SWIFFER-type gadget near your couch???!!! i'm shocked! just kidding. i just got over myself and bought a swiffer wet jet that the girls can use cuz i'm so tired of having a filthy floor!
next thing you know i'll be using those disposible baby washcloths!
jenn
New Mommy said…
Heh! If I'd known you were in the market for a wetjet, I'd have given you mine! Didn't you see that lovely orange Libman mop draped across the swiffer? Ahhh... a lovely mop, the Libman is.
Unknown said…
I love your rooster curtains and pictures! Too cute!
New Mommy said…
Thanks! I got the curtains from Monica when she moved. After I hung them, the rooster prints, and the rooster clock, Ben said, "Hey, that's your first decorating success!" I laughed and laughed; if it really was a success, I'm sure he was right about it being a first.
Bob B said…
It looks beautiful! I am really impressed that something made in China can look that good! The kids look SO cute!! I love the close-up of Renee & Lucus....I wish I could hug 'em!:) I hope they're all better now.
Anonymous said…
LOL...that last post under "bob_b" was ME, not Bob....haha. Bob wanted me to clarify that.:-) I didn't even realize I was leaving a comment under his name.
New Mommy said…
Too funny! Clarification accepted :D.