The week of bleh

It all started last weekend when New Daddy pulled some more near-all-nighters to get his group through a deadline. His dry cough worsened, and next thing we knew, he was running a fever, getting dizzy, throbbing at the head, in the full throes of a sinus infection. Tuesday was awful. He got better Wednesday, just in time for me to go down. We were both better on Thursday. Then, Saturday, it hit New Daddy again, with a vengeance. His fever spiked to 103.6 at the ear, and he was still freezing.

In times like these, it is wonderful to be able to call on a prayer warrior to plead your cause. My dad in-law is one such person. He went to praying for New Daddy, and within a few hours, New Daddy's fever was down, he was sweating it off, and feeling a lot better. Through the night, his fever continued to fall, and he sweated some more.

The house took a major fall this week while I was tending to the kids' most basic needs, along with New Daddy's sick needs. Dishes were overflowing-- a disproportionate number of bowls and stockpots, thanks to all of the soups and liquid things I had been preparing. Laundry covered the bathroom floor.

After New Daddy took a turn for the better, my dishwasher got reloaded, and three loads of laundry found their way to the basement. I'm off to bed after I hang some clothes, put more in the dryer, wash my stockpot (again), and make some yogurt. See how much I put off until after I blog?

It's nice to be somewhat back to normal.

Comments