Mending

Thanks, everybody for your kind words, and most of all, your prayers! My hand felt much better when I woke up this morning. It bled very little overnight; I've had a band-aid on it some of the day, mostly to protect the store clerks from the sight of it. I was able to do my housework, using the hand like a prosthetic hook, instead of a fully functional hand. All in all, the wound is in a protected spot-- a real blessing when it comes to healing without added aggravation.

And, I can type! And blog!

Precious is such a motherly little gal. When I told her about my boo-boo, she patted me on the back, and made a non-verbal sound like, "Ach" to express her sympathy. She also told me that it was a good boo-boo, because it hurt, and everything. It has certainly done everything that a boo-boo is supposed to do, and my little girl has done everything that a little mommy would do. She really knows how to take care of people.

A few weeks ago, I read in The ABC Herbal about using tea tree oil for scrapes and dings. It is antiseptic, doesn't sting, and it helps rebuild tissue. There are additives in hydrogen peroxide, so using the stuff on a wound doesn't really do it any favors. And alcohol stings like-- oh, my, I can't even imagine putting that on an open wound. And neither helps to rebuild tissue, just to keep infection away. Tea tree oil has worked beautifully throughout our treatment of my little "ding." I think we have really discovered something!

Comments

Unknown said…
I just got a chance to read this entry and your last one. 2-3 months ago, I had a plate literally break in my hand, cutting my finger. Like you, it was a debate of whether or not to go get stitches and, also like you, I decided against it. Though I really feel that I should have gone. I was just too tired to spend 1/2 the night in the ER. I discovered Band-Aid liquid bandages. It works wonders at holding a wound closed. And, unlike regular bandages and band-aids, it doesn't come off when wet. An added bonus considering that it seems us moms spend a ton of time with our hands in water.

Will be praying for the quick healing of your hand.
New Mommy said…
Thanks for the tip!
Anonymous said…
love love love my tea tree oil! all we use!
jenn
Anonymous said…
Hearing about this cut made me stomach hurt!I'm glad you're feeling better. I know it was hard holding Lucas and not to mention your other daily chores.