Bubby and the potty

Bubby's mobility potty-strike has been over for a while, now. If he needs to pee, he'll go when I put him on the big potty. He only goes in the little potties if he really needs to go. Number two is another story. I can count on a sizable one right after he wakes up in the morning. Whether it goes in the diaper or in the toilet depends on me-- how much sleep I've had the night before, and if I'm ready to wake up. If I snooze, I can count on rinsing that diaper in the toilet. So it goes.

I'm finding that the novelty of having a baby who uses the potty is kind of wearing off. It is neat to walk in a public restroom and have a child who isn't really talking sitting on the [wrapped] potty doing his business. And, it's really, really cool to not have to change diapers while I'm out. He does usually stay dry on outings. At home, it depends on how "in-tune" I am with him. Now, that part remains very interesting. If I'm not too distracted, I'm very able to sense when he needs to go, and he usually goes when I think he needs to. It always amazes me.

Right now, though, I'm just waiting until he gets mobile enough to get himself to the potty. Then, he can go nakey-bottom and figure it out for himself. Then again, I might also make such a time the summer, when it's warmer, and after we've installed hardwood in the main living area. Then again, as John Rosemond says-- the $75 is for carpet cleaning supplies, right?

Comments