Backyard living

I'm not sure if I was more inspired to get the children outside by Charlotte Mason or the georgeous, barely-Fall day that was this afternoon. Here we are.This backyard is courtesy of Poppy and Mimi. Honestly, the place was not even usable before he built the swing set/fort, and she carted in a kiddie picnic table and sandbox. Our nearly-finished, un-landscaped retaining wall did not facilitate backyard living. Add some swings and a fort, and we were finally good to go.

Bubby rode the slide for the first time-- loved it, and had his first experience in the sandbox, all at 14 months old. You see how bad I am at letting my children play outside. I'm trying to reform. CM's indoctrination is helping. That, and the fact that Bubby is now fully mobile, so I'm not toting his 23 pounds around whenever we go out. I can set up a folding chair, relax, and bark out, "No, don't eat that!" every once in a while.



Trees are so inspiring.


We have plenty of inspiration around here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aren't kids and the outdoors a magic combo? We've been going to the park in the afternoons and Brian has made a friend, Adiss, from Ethiopia. They have been collecting different types of leaves this week! While it's not quite CM, it's a start!!!