Lessons learned

Today, I learned two valuable lessons.

1) Do not leave the emerging toddler alone with his yogurt. Even if he can "drink" it by himself. Especially if he's drinking it by himself.

2) Listen to his big sister when she tells you he's making a mess. Don't give a vague answer like, "Oh, honey, babies make messes. I'll clean it up in a minute," without surveying the situation for yourself.

OR

Something like this might happen or be happening.

(Are you pleased, Alysa? I posted pictures of the kids! Thanks for reminding me.)

The bottom right picture of Bubby looking at his hands is especially typical. Lately, it seems that he's realized that the appendages he sees really belong to him. Today, he held out his arm in front of him, looked directly at it, and squeezed it with his other hand, up and down its length. It looked like he was discovering that this was his own arm and feeling what it was like to grab it!

Precious is finding out where our food comes from. A few weeks ago, I was so proud when she answered these questions correctly: "What do we drink that comes from a cow?" And this one: "What do we eat that comes from a chicken?" Today, we were eating grapes, and she asked me if I made them. I told her no, that God made them.

"That was 'bery' sweet of God," she replied.

Our weekly supply of locally-grown, organic CSA produce came in today. I used the whole radish to make Radish Greens soup, and I used up the spaghetti squash to make Spicy Spaghetti Squash. The result was about as gourmet a dinner as you'll find around here. Unfortunately, it was served at 9:45 PM, a rather un-gourmet time to eat. With the soup serving as the appetizer, the meal sat very nicely in the stomach and didn't have a "heavy" feeling at all. Instead of being tired after dinner, I felt great and all geared up for a blogging marathon!

More about where our food comes from-- the raw stuff, in particular. The dye-in-raw-milk hearing is this Friday morning at the Atlanta Farmer's Market. We'll be there!

(While my mom watches the babies and my dad tunes the piano. Thanks in advance, y'all!)

Comments

Alysa said…
Yay! Pics! Bubby has grown SO much! He's gorgeous... even if he is a mess!

"That was 'berry' sweet of God." HA! Berry sweet indeed! (It would have been even funnier if she was eating rasberries or something!)

Your kids are precious!