Drought news

The Level 4 Drought in Georgia has recently hit the news. Reports are that in 90 days, our two main water sources, Lakes Lanier and Allatoona, will dry up if current usage continues, and if there is no rain.

This morning, I started playing today's message, one of the recently released cds from VGR, which arrived in the mail this week. Imagine my surprise when I heard Bro. Branham talking about the widespread drought that was going on. And then, I just realized when I looked up the date for this post, that it was preached exactly on this date in 1953, entitled Elijah (53-1018). The whole message was about the spiritual drought that afflicts our society and churches, reflecting the drought on the land.

I'm praying for the water that our land needs. We got a couple of sprinkly showers today, and I'm looking for more.

Comments

Unknown said…
I was listening to a message that was playing in Alex's truck one day last week while doing a quick juant to the grocery store. I don't know what message it was but in it Bro. Branham said that the droughts would get worse and worse every year.

I am so thankful for every little drop that falls today during this light rain we are FINALLY getting.

Lord Bless!
Alysa said…
I listened to this tape a couple of months ago, and had the exact same thoughts! I mentioned to a few people that I'd never heard Brother Branham speak of a drought in the US before, that usually when he refers to drought, it's about Biblical times.

We're going through a drought here in Australia, too, and are on quite severe water restrictions, with it getting worse all the time. At the time I heard this tape, I couldn't help but think it very prophetic... both in the natural, and the spiritual!