This evening, I was listening to the Young Foundations Message of the Month, Painted-Face Jezebel, 56-1005.

I was thanking God for his mercy when I heard this:

"But tomorrow you go right back into the office when you oughtn't to go. If your husband's sick, you need to do it. But if it isn't, listen, sister dear, God made you for one place, the kitchen. When you get out of there, you're out of His will. Remember that. Women was made to be a helpmate at the house. She never was made for office work. And it's caused more disgrace and divorces and things."

It seems like so many women are in a quandary with the double identity that feminism has brought on. The answer is simple, but humbling. I know that I could do great things in the world with my abilities. Many women, even before "women's lib" could have, too. Yet, they knew, and by God's grace I know, that I will never be of more value to anyone than I am being my husband's helpmate and a good mother to my children.

That's certainly not all that's in the message, either. It's a wonderful listen.

While I'm talking about Young Foundations, I should mention that these testimonies really blessed me, too.