Maybe this means he'll be good at saving money someday...

... but this business of hoarding food is getting out of hand! When I get Bubby out of his booster chair, I can usually count on finding at least five pieces of bread that he tucked down there. I won't let him throw it on the floor, so I guess this is the next best thing. He had been putting unwanted food on the table, to which I would reply, "Thank you!" I guess that got old.

Then, when I half-heartedly fuss on him, he squints at me and whines. I just look at him and laugh. It is the funniest, cutest face! After seeing Precious make the exact same face while ~ahem~ whining this evening, it dawned on me whom he is copying. And, dear me, don't even mention putting that boy down these days! I think he's getting some one-year molars in, and he is inseparable from my hip.

Another thing Bubby has started doing lately is standing on our bed and the trampoline and trying to jump-- just like Precious, again. We cheer for him, and he has a big time bouncing around!

Today, I was looking for cake decorating materials in Michael's. My recommendation to folks who want to do it themselves: find out what is available, and then decide on a theme. Don't go in with a "vision" and then hope to find something that meets your expectations. I'm still looking.

We had a Potty Emergency. After I tried to hurry Precious, who declared that she HAD to go, yet seemed intent on dawdling, nothing happened. Not really a problem. The problem came when we exited the bathroom and discovered that someone had taken our empty buggy. I was a bit miffed. Granted, the person who swiped it probably did not expect that it belonged a sleep-deprived mom with two young children, one who is not fully mobile, though he weighs 20 pounds; his mommy was not too keen on hauling him all the way through the store!

I explained the situation to Precious, and she decided that we must find another buggy. What I didn't tell her was this was the perfect excuse to leave, since they didn't have what I was looking for, anyway. But, on the way to the front, she did unload this news on a perfect stranger.

"We don't have a buggy! We need another buggy!"

"Oh, no!"

"Someone took it!"

"Oh, my!"

Part of me hoped that the guilty party, though ignorant of their misdeed, might have overheard her.

Comments