FDA strikes [out] again

I've been running hither and yon getting ready for Bubby's upcoming first birthday party. Okay, and I admit, cleaning my house because I'm expecting company ;). Thus, no blogging. However, I will provide two very interesting, conflicting articles for your reading enjoyment.

First, this notice that appeared today on the FDA website. It warns against consuming raw cream purchased from Organic Pastures Dairy Company in California, and is dated between September 14 and September 21. There were levels of Listeria monocytogenes detected in it. This gives the FDA reason to list all of the other pathogenic things that milk, raw and pasteurized can contain. Only they tell you that it only comes with the raw version. Hmmmm.

And, now, Organic Pastures' rebuttal, which in my opinion, carries far more useful information. It's titled, "Recall of Raw Organic Cream Classic Fear Based Nonevent." Bottom line: the sample was temperature-abused and subjected to conditions that would never be present in the human body. Even under such sub-standard (ahem-biased) lab practices, the level of bacteria detected was still very, very low. Hmmmm.

A few of my thoughts: This is America, Land of the free. Let us make our own choices. No more FDA scare tactics, please. And, thank you.

Comments