What makes a good mommy

One day last week, I didn't pray through, and I was coming up pretty short all around. Before I put Precious to bed that night, I told her that I wasn't the best mommy that day, and I would have been a better mommy if I had prayed. I asked her, "Tomorrow, do you think you could remind mommy to pray so that she can be a good mommy?"

"Sure!" she replied. And she did. She's been reminding me ever since. It has been just what my preoccupied self needs! She's especially diligent when I start to get a little edge-y. This morning, she reminded me as I was kneeling:

"Mommy, I be-minded you to pray. You a baaaaaad mommy."

I'm glad to say that my status improved after I got up off my knees.

~~~
Oh, and speaking of "What goes around, comes around..."

Today, Precious started toward the computer. "I'm going to blog," she declared. "I'm going to blog about you and Daddy. Y'all are so cute!"

Comments