Here's a quick update of recent events.

We've been off visiting family and barely catching our breath before heading off on another adventure. One thing that I have really neglected has been the garden. I pulled six oversized cucumbers from the garden this morning when I (finally) went out to water. I made up cold cucumber soup from Nourishing Traditions, which became our "first course" for dinner tonight. It was delish-- after I discovered that the blender was the better appliance for pureeing the soup, NOT the food processor...

Our most recent adventure has been the Little League Southern Region Tournament. We happen to know the winners! The preacher who married New Daddy and myself is the coach, and his sons and nephews are on the team. We went to three of the four games. It was way too hot to be outside, but the young'uns survived by being doused in water to make the most of the occasional breezes. It was not hot enough, however, to keep us Southerners from some fabulous baseball! The team goes to the Junior League World Series in Michigan this Saturday.

Bubby is still cruising around and gaining speed on his crawling. He says "Hey daaaa" when he sees New Daddy in the morning. He still eats ants, dead or alive. Mimi reminded me today that John the Baptist ate grasshoppers, so ants can't be that bad, right? I do attempt to retrieve them when I can, but it usually makes me scream, which makes Bubby scream; and, well, you see, it's just so much easier to let him eat them.

Precious is at the age where every statement made by another person is up for debate.

Example
"Precious, it's time for bed."
"No, I can stay awake," spoken in a high, sweet voice.

Oh, so cute, and oh, so not going to happen! Rah! She's way to cute! The gist is that she is really testing some waters, and finding out where they lie. It's challenging, but everything about being a parent is. We sure have heaps of fun, though!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ha!
you should have heard me and rachel's conversation the other morning. rachel: i want chicken nuggets for breakfast.
me: um, baby, we don't (ever) have chicken nuggets in the house. and besides, that's not breakfast food. we're having ___________.
rachel: i'll just take some chicken nuggets.

:O after several minutes of this i realize i am arguing with a 3 1/2 yr old and she just is not even hearing me at this point. so i just tell her to hush. lol!
jennifer
p.s. WE HAVE NO CHICKEN NUGGETS!
New Mommy said…
Hah! Oh, I've heard the "I'll just...." way too many times!
Unknown said…
Do you mind e-mailing me the recipe for the cucumber soup? I have heard of it but never tasted it. It would be a good way to use up some of our cucumbers. Thanks!