News and news

On Monday, while New Daddy was still at home, he spread out my unruly cucumber plants and put stakes beside the tomatoes, which are shooting straight up. After he came in, he told me that we had a couple of veggies out there. But, nothing prepared me for seeing my first, very own cucumber!!! And there's a little pudgy one near it! I'll let the first one get a little darker; then, that little fella is going to become my pickle experiment!

The kids and I spent a few days with my family while New Daddy was out of town for training. Aunt M and I went on an "adventure" in search of local eggs on Wednesday. After one dead end, we discovered a lady who raises hers with organic feed, lets them roam and eat bugs, AND sells them for just $2 a dozen! And she grinds wheat! Only, unlike us, she's been getting her chemical-free, soft red wheat locally for $17 per fifty pound bag! Now, I wish I didn't have so much wheat to use up!

In other news....
Bubby's 10-month vocabulary is: dada, mmm-ma, no, shhhh (probably the command most often given to him), uh uh, good, and hey. His first sentence was the other morning: "Hey dada."

Comments