Bubby's unpottying

Some other words that Bubby uses are "doo doo" and "tee tee." Though, since he's been crawling and cruising, the pottying has been on a half-pause. I had been washing diapers twice a week-- usually around the weekend, but now, it's more like every three or four days. He's banned the bblp's and pees in the bathtub as a last resort. Usually, though, he goes in the toilet while I hold his thighs in a sitting position. Precious has taken over the bblp in the kitchen for her business.

Bubby also did something last week that he hasn't done since he was two months old. He pooped in a cloth diaper. Since then, I've been a little more vigilant about noticing his cues and getting him to the potty. I have to admit, I'm putting him on the potty because I do not like rinsing poopy diapers in the toilet! He hasn't been too thrilled about it, because he'd rather be moving around. But, if I've read his cues and he really needs to go, he settles down and does his business without complaining.

In the past few weeks, Precious has gotten to the point that she will wake up if she needs to pee at night. She takes herself to the little potty in her room, and yells, "Momieeeeee! I'm done!" in the dark. Most nights, though, she doesn't need to go at all. I try to keep her hydrated during the day, which prevents the evening rush to drink lots of water.

I think I'll stick with my original plan to put Bubby in "big boy" underwear after he becomes adept at taking himself to the potty. Doing that now would be too much for my absent-minded self to handle! For now, it's mostly business as usual, with a little pause to learn some new skills.

Speaking of rawmilk, infantpottytraining, and all that stuff that I do... Check out Nina Planck! Especially the milk papers, with the write-up on how raw milk got a bad rap.

Comments

Unknown said…
That is too cute. Micah and Lydia, when they are finished using the bathroom (usually only when they poop), I hear a loud "Mommy, I finished!" I see one of them go into the bathroom and shut the door and I just wait to hear those words.

Also, in response to your last post, if you don't have a good pickle recipe, let me know. I have Alex's grandma's bread and butter pickle recipe. I made some last year and got lots of compliments. If you want it, I can e-mail it to you. Those old-timers sure knew how to cook!