New Daddy comes home

Today, I feel like I'm getting my husband back from his job of the last eight months. There were many days that he left before the children awoke and got home after they were asleep. There were evenings that I put Precious to bed at 8:30, only to hear her call out at 9:30, "Daddy, 'wake!" when she heard his voice at the door. She wanted to see her daddy that badly. Our own bedtime has averaged midnight for more nights than I can count. You just have to have a certain amount of time to feel "at home" before you can sleep well.

Monday, he started a new job and was out of town for orientation. Today, he drove to the local office to meet his project team; he came home early. Tomorrow, he will start working from home for at least the next three months. I can't describe the relief that I'm feeling right now. The main thing I feel is unspeakable thankfulness to God for letting him get this job. I am sure (and even hopeful) that it will have its own trials. But, New Daddy will be here!

With an adoring daughter and adorable son, having a basement for him to use as a home office doesn't hurt, either. [smile]

Comments