Aunt Mo's WOW Bread

Yesterday, after Aunt Mo took her first six loaves of soaked whole wheat bread out of the oven, her copy of Nourishing Traditions arrived in the mail. Let me tell ya', that bread ain't no joke! I thought freshly ground stuff was The Stuff. Well. Soaked freshly ground stuff really is The Stuff. It was moist, with incredible flavor and a delicious, chewy texture. I will never be the same. *sniff

I can't say enough about the book, because it is encyclopedic in scope and content. Any spare moment that either of us had was spent perusing it. For now, I just have to say that it's amazing, and you should get your own copy! Mine will be arriving any day now.

And... drum roll... I remembered my camera! And the twins were dressed alike! (K is on the left, Zo on the right.) And then, *surprise* the older cousins came down dressed as robbers! Precious, for some reason, had been code named "Baby Andrew." I snagged a few shots of the gang, plus the individuals counting their loot. It's funny; when the girls come out from playing dress-up in E's room, they are princesses. When they come out of Za's room, they've become robbers. They appear to be genteel enough, though, with neckties included.

Picasa for this post.

Comments

Marie said…
Wow-- I've so got to try this... especially for Daddy's sake. My bread--even when its really good and "fluffy"--doesn't sit well on his stomach when he eats a lot of it. I'll probably not try it for a week or two, but try it I will!

--Much Love