Lithping

I think I have realized the source of Precious' attempts at lithping! After our visit to Aunt Mo's on Thursday, Precious was lisping excessively. Friday morning, I corrected her over and over. We know that children imitate what they see and hear... and I recalled that Cousin E has excellent diction, but that little gal likes to baby talk with a lisp! "Thues" is what really gave it away, since those girls talk incessantly about shoes, and Precious has never said it like that. It's cute, but Precious is imitating her! [smile]

These days, I'm making it to Aunt Mo's once a week to do whatever needs doing. The other day, there was some clean laundry piled in a crib. Well, by the time I left, the pile was huge! Apparently, I can stuff things in the washer, but somehow can't find time to fold and put them away! Oh, well. I've always felt like a help-leech, and I'm really thankful that I can be useful, for a change. At least the Baby Adoration Society (meetings wherein we admire, bounce, and coo at our own and each other's babies) is alive and well.

Oh, and I forgot the camera. A little aggravating, since Cousin K is really smiling now. It's so very cute! Next time, the camera will be waiting in the car!

Comments