Potty retraining

As soon as Precious realized that Bubby could pee on the floor without suffering any punitive consequences, she seemed to decide that she could try the floor out, too. Wednesday at Aunt Mo's she had at least three accidents; the next morning, I found her in a puddle. The puddle was from her laziness, mind you, not her inability to get herself to the potty. There have been many previous mornings that I have awoken to the sound of her using the potty. This morning, she proudly showed me her puddle on the carpet, and the wet spot on her sheet. I decided that this was enough.

So, we began the cold water "blast-off" in the bathtub to get her really clean after an accident (while reminding her, again, where that stuff goes). Then, there's the candy after every single successful, drip-free tee tee. This full-scale opposition to random elimination seems to be working. She had one accident this morning, and that has been all, so far.

My mom tells me that I regressed from my potty training after Aunt Ma was born. I can see how Precious would want to regress now that Bubby is bare-bottom. I don't blame her, but I also know she can do much better! And, since I know she can, she is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ah, that cold water rinse cleans like nothing else! hopefully she'll remember that. haha.
jenn