Organic-- or not?

I think I'm like a lot of 20-something mommy-consumers. We want the best for our family, so we buy organic products when we can afford it. I buy Target-brand organic milk, and as much organic produce that they carry, as I need it. I also make a monthly run to Whole Foods to get wild salmon, natural beef, organic kale, and Brown Cow yogurt to use for yogurt starter. I subscribe to Delicious Living e-newsletter, which I really enjoy.

Delicious Living has started editorial blogs. I followed this link from a comment on a post, and I came across disturbing information about "corporate organics." For example: did you know that a some major stockholders for Hain Celestial food group are Philip Morris and Wal-Mart? Um, yuck. That's just one of the many facts you'll find in this slightly-sensationally-written article. Aside from the accusatory rhetoric, there is a lot of information that deserves a closer look-- and a lot of thought about which organic brands to buy, or not buy.

Comments

Isaac'swife said…
Yes organic is the way to go - I am a big adovate for that. .
I believe we can only do our best, research as much as we are able to protect ourselves from the food of this age.
There are many times Bro Branham talks about the food being preverted, so much in the fact that eventually the Bride would have to abstain from certain foods.
Since coming here, I know the milk isn't like back home, I have had to switch to organic to stop from breaking out.
Well anyhow good luck with your endeavours in looking for better food choices. :D
New Mommy said…
WOW-- the States' milk made you break out??? Yikes.

All this makes me really happy that we're starting a garden this year. We haven't quite made it to our own goats, though ;D.