Garlic works... a little too well, sometimes

I am happy to report that my eyes now look normal again. I think that the garlic irritated my eye, because I used the poultice too much. For Precious, I applied it once, and for only 20 seconds. For myself, I applied it five or six times, and for at least a minute each time. I think we had the viral version of conjunctivitis that comes with a cold (when the "cold gets in your eye"). It tends to go away more quickly than the bacterial version. She was completely clear in less than three days. I don't think a round of antibiotics could compare this favorably to garlic.

Here, you can read how Irina used garlic cloves to treat her whole family for ear infections! When Precious complained about her ear hurting the same day she had all of the eye problems, I warmed a garlic clove in olive oil and put two drops of oil in each ear. There were no more complaints of her ear hurting. She also thought it was really neat to put the poultice on her chest, and told Mimi all about it on the phone.

I love not being dependent on antibiotics, and allowing our immune systems to do what they're supposed to do! Who cares about the smell when you're at home with your wonderful children? If we smell a little garlic-y in the grocery checkout, it might just help the cashier clear her stuffy nose!

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol!!

Just wanted to mention that when I said something about the dr phoning something in, I had eye drops in mind, not antibiotics! I should have made myself more clear.

Hope y'all have a wonderful christmas!!
New Mommy said…
The chiro mentioned drops, too, but I guess I'm stubborn :P (besides not having a dr for myself other than the ob).

Merry Christmas to you, too!
Anonymous said…
hey!
Amen to the wonders of garlic!!! have you ever taken it to enhance your milk? if you have a fussy baby, or just think the baby is not being fully satisfied (or just want to take it for the health benefits to you and baby...) take garlic (i prefer the capsules...) and it makes your milk richer!!! you can SEE the difference! recommended by my LLL friend/leader and it save my bf relationship with two babies!
jennifer