Chiropractors are Awesome

Monday night, I became aware that the left side of my neck was nearly immobilized and very painful to move. The pain was radiating from my neck to my left shoulder, so doing anything with my left arm was pretty much out of the question. To nurse Bubby in bed, New Daddy had to physically turn me over so that I could nurse him lying down. That kept him up a lot of the night, along with my moans/yelps of pain whenever something didn't hit me "just right."

Tuesday morning at 8:00, I called my mom to see if she could come help me, since I couldn't lift either of my children. She was busy with other grandkids that day, but said she could come that night. I called the chiropractor and got an appointment that afternoon. In the meantime, my wonderful neighbors' daughter came over and babysat while I ran errands and went to the chiropractor.

Let me tell ya, Lauren is awesome. Not only did she have the living room picked up before I finished nursing Bubby and left, she ironed clothes, straightened my bathroom, and folded clothes while I was gone! Plus staying on top of Bubby with his cloth diapers and all that other stuff. Wow. All this from a high school girl-- who obviously knows what it takes to run a house. Her last sentence out the door was "I would have started dinner if I had known what to fix..." Wow. God bless her!

When I got to the chiro, I thought maybe I had pinched a nerve in my neck. I got the electric impulse treatment, an adjustment, and ten minutes on The Roller with a warm pack around my neck. I felt tons better after all that. Being pretty lazy for two days and using a cold pack have helped a lot, too. I'm going to keep going to the chiro, along with New Daddy, since we've found one who doesn't charge an arm and a leg just to create a "special environment" with doodads and soft music, etc. He gets the job done, and well, at that.

So, mom is still here catching me up on my woefully behind housework and keeping Bubby in-arms, since I still can't very easily. Overall, I am feeling much better, and I see now that I need to take it easy once in a while. Heee.

Comments