Thanksgiving speed trap

For Thanksgiving, we were in SC, where we ate two huge meals with my family. We saw my mom's family on Thursday, and my dad's family on Saturday. Friday, I spent the day in the kitchen with my mom and sister, and New Daddy went trout fishing-- more successfully than last time.

The food was great, and the kids were adorable. Precious loves her extended family, and loves calling Aunt R "Bucky," to everyone's great amusement. We drove home Saturday night, where we hit some pretty slow traffic of Georgians heading home from their Thanksgivings.

Sunday-- ah, yes, a day of rest. But no rest for the state troopers in the ~ahem~ State we go to church in. Periodically, they'll set up a speed trap at a certain exit on a certain highway that we travel. The one guy sits in his plain brown wrapper (or Jeep Cherokee, one time, in plain clothes) on the bridge and radios speeds of cars rounding the bend to the guys on the entrance ramp after the bridge. There are usually about ten of them lined up on the ramp. It is an obvious setup to generate income for the state-- and clearly highway robbery, according to New Daddy.

Of course, they were out on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, preying on travelers who have no knowledge of this scheme. To protest, what do you think my outspoken, frugal husband did?

He honked the horn.

At each trooper that had stopped someone.

Not a wimpy little "bleep," but a full-fledged "BAAAAAAA!" as we pass them.

Thank goodness, I think to myself, as I bite my nails and wail, "Be-un!", we're hidden in a group of cars (who probably don't know what is going on). But, as he points out to me, it is perfectly legal. More legal, I think, than fleecing innocent travelers who just want to get home from being with their families.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice new color!!
As you can see it's late-I'm on my way to bed, and I click over to see how y'all have been and WHOOOAA!! That woke me up! It's much brighter than your older pick!!
It looks nice!

I do agree about the highway robbery!! Before the Lord dealt with Jeremy about speeding, we supplied a large portion of the state's income!!

Hope you have a good week!