Boom boom chicken

Precious has really been enjoying Chicka Chicka Boom Boom lately, I think mostly because of the fun rhythm and the "boom boom's." Right now, I'm cooking chicken to put on pizza for supper, and it has been dubbed "chick chick boom boom" by Precious. Bwahahaha! That's my reward for talking about everything that I'm doing with my toddler.

Precious: potty update. She is still taking her nap nakey-bottom or with normal underwear on, and she's not wetting! At all. At night, she usually wakes me up to take her to the potty. The other night, instead of crying, she called out "Mommy! Potty!" :D

Bubby's sleep is starting to organize, and thanks to this book, I've been able to observe this and encourage his three-nap schedule. He's sleeping all night, and I'm getting more sleep now that we have both perfected the side-lying, nursing-while-sleeping position. An afternoon nap here and there helps tremendously, too.

Bubby: potty update. I'm reading his cues very well, and he's taking mine just as well. The only problem-- do I want to spend my whole life holding a six-week-old on a potty? The answer-- No. I think eventually, we'll work out a part-time deal, just to remind him where that stuff is supposed to go, and for me to maintain sanity. Meanwhile, cloth diapers still remind him that he's wet, and he in turn, keeps me on my diaper-changing toes.

Maybe a picture is coming later in the week?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes-- I was wondering about that. Lol-- after watching you hold Lucas on the potty for ten minutes straight last weekend, I was curious to see how it was gonna all work out.

Love you all--
and
Happy

ChickaChica
Boom
BOOM!

Lol!
Anonymous said…
That's what I was thinking about this EC thing, but didn't want to comment as I haven't read, and can't get without buying, the book. It seems to be an awful lot of work/time/commitment for a limited reward. After all, potty training a two year old doesn't take all that long. I was thinking it might be better to take what you've learned about EC and apply it to an over one year old baby, which seems more likely to result in early toilet training.

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is one of our favorites, too, and our copy definitely looks loved! Try "We're Going on a Bear Hunt", too!
New Mommy said…
Jennie, that's pretty much the (very sensible) philosophy behind Linda Sonna's book Early Start Potty Training. I've used her ideas with Renee, and they've worked well for us.