A Smell

Tonight, New Daddy complained of our bedroom smelling like poo. Ah, yes, dirty diapers. And now, I'm wondering if I need to splurge yet again on another step can, since the one I selected is too small. It sure would make laundry day a lot easier to have a "nicely damp" can, along with a separate, "rank and dirty" can.

Hmmm.

While we were away at some awesome revival services this weekend, Uncle B had a revival on his blog. I'll leave the preaching to him, though :D. Something else-- I had never thought of hibernation pointing to the resurrection. Y'all enjoy!

The evening has been rather interesting-- trying to nurse a fussy newborn who can't breathe because he got a cold from his sister. Yipes. Plus fighting the same cold, myself. We got in at 3 o'clock Monday morning. Combine that with the usual sleep deficit that I am perpetuating by blogging and finishing housework late... but, I'm happy to report that God's grace is sufficient, and "This, too, shall pass."

I'm finding that I really can rejoice in trials, when I see my patience growing every day. Like, two steps forward, and one step back. But, it's progress!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello! This is my first visit to your blog, so pardon my intrusion...but, um, why are you sleeping with the diaper pail? I love cloth diapers myself, but I keep the pail in the bathroom or the laundry room, depending on space. I figure it's either close to where I have to dump the poop anyway, or saves me lugging a heavy pail across the house to the laundry room! Anyway, I'm glad to meet you and hope you won't mind me visiting again.
New Mommy said…
Hi Jennie! I'm doing diaper duty in our room, since it's the baby's room, too. It makes those 2 AM diaper tosses a lot less intrusive on my sleep :). The bathroom is on the way to the laundry, so it's a quick rinsing stop.