Updates on van and job

Now that we've had a few days to get adjusted to the new minivan and New Daddy's new job, I can now safely report on both.

I love the Odyssey! It is so awesome to push the button to open the sliding door upon exiting the driver's seat, walk two steps, and pick up my toddler out of her car seat-- at arm's level. I'm getting spoiled by the leather seats: no re-adjusting my skirt after I sit down, and it's much easier to get in and out of than cloth. One downside is that the stereo system has an error code, and we're going to have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. Another downside is the sour smell that comes out of the vents when I leave the air on recirculation when I turn the car off.

New Daddy's job has an excellent work environment. For now, he's in his own office with an awesome window-view. After they expand their offices, he'll go to cubicle-land, and his office will go to the director of operations. There is very little goof-off time, because 75% of his 40 hours has to be billable for him to get paid his full salary. In the second month, this goes up to 80%, and 85% in the third month. Being billable is a little different set-up than he's used to, but he thinks he'll adjust.

The location of the job is the only real downside. He can't take the bus without spending two hours commuting each way. He's been driving, and it takes about an hour. He'll still have some bus-days, but until Bubby gets here, I think he'll be driving so he can get home quickly if he needs to. Another downside is that he's going to be paying more for family health insurance, but so it goes.

Precious has been doing really well with the potty yesterday and today! And as soon as the midwife walked in to my appointment yesterday, Precious started banging my stomach, saying "Baby, baby!" I'm still having Braxton-Hicks contractions, but other than that, nothing major is happening. Bubby is moving a lot, and every time he pokes out, I ask him if he's running out of room yet (I hope?).

Comments