False alarm #502

It started at 3:20 this morning. I woke up hungry and contracting. I got a snack and started timing. Contractions were perfectly nine minutes apart, and this went on for about two hours. Around 5:00, I woke up New Daddy, he showered, and we made our final preparations to go to the hospital. At 5:40, I called our parents and told them what was going on. And then we waited for the contractions to progress. I emailed some of the folks who I thought would like to know we were going to the hospital soon. And we waited some more.

I fell asleep on the couch around 6:00 while New Daddy typed away on the computer. He was taking care of last minute business for work.

The rest of the house woke up (Precious, Uncle B, Aunt Mo, Z and E) between 7:30 and 8:00. "We're leaving for the hospital soon," we promised. But the contractions were not becoming more frequent.

At 10:30, New Daddy and I left Precious in Aunt Mo's capable hands and headed to the mall to walk. We walked for almost four hours. Lesson learned: if da baby ain't ready, ain't nuffin' goin' make him be ready.

We're still waiting for this very special guy.

Comments